Depending on which brand of action camera you purchase you may get a few or a lot of accessories. The action camera kit that comes with your camera may only cover some basic applications and uses such as a handle bar mount, or a helmet mount. The more you use your action camera the sooner you will discover which mounting options you need and thus, the extent of the action camera kit you require.
Which Action Camera Kit Is For You?
The action camera kit for you will be dependent on your activities. You may have to ask yourself a few questions such as, will I be wearing a helmet? Am I riding a bike? Am I skiing? Are my activities high or low impact? Answering these questions will assist you in selecting your appropriate accessory kit. There are a varying number of accessories available from basic action camera kits to advanced kits. Knowing your needs will help to ensure you get the proper kit and not under or over accessorize.
What Does An Action Camera Kit Provide?
Simply put action camera kits provide mounting options for your camera. These options may include mounts to be worn by the person, or attached to helmets, bikes, vehicles and many other sources.
Types Of Action Camera Kits Available
Let’s take a look at what may be included in some more basic kits.
Car Suction Cup
- Is simple yet practical, made of durable hard plastic and soft rubber materials.
- You can use the vacuum suction cup to install your action camera to your vehicles dashboard or windshield for easy operation while you’re driving.
- Durable in structure, lightweight, and easy to use.
Hand Wrist Strap Mount
- Wrist strap mount for action cameras allows the wearer quick and easy control while participating in different activities such as, surfing and bicycling.
- The mounting plate may rotate 360 degrees and be lockable thus allowing you to adjust the recording angle more conveniently.
- Provides long-time comfort for the wearer.
Adjustable Belt Chest Strap
- Widely used on surfing, skiing, skateboarding, riding bicycle/ motorcycle.
- Adjustable Elastic Strap. Comfortable, fully-adjustable design fits all shapes and sizes, including over large jackets.
- Inner lined with an anti-skid material for good wear, even when you are sweating.
Adjustable Head Strap Mount
- Anti-skid design on the back of the strap.
- Adjustable and compact design, meeting different requirements of the users.
- Through screw, keep your camera on your head safe.
Essential Action Camera Kits
Beyond the basics there are what may be considered essential kits. An essential action camera kit may include the following accessories as well as the ones mentioned above.
Selfie Monopod – Allowing you to be more creative and take your camera to new highs (and lows). Shoot some amazing new footage at more interesting angles.
Chest Strap with J-hook Mount– Lower than the helmet view of the action the chest strap makes it easy to capture immersive video and photos. It’s perfect for skiing, mountain biking, motocross, paddle sports or any activity where you want a more engaging perspective. You’ll capture more of your arms, knees, poles and skis while skiing-and more of your arms and handlebars while biking or riding your motorcycle.
Head Strap Mount – Fully adjustable to fit all sizes, the head strap can be worn over a helmet or directly on your head to capture footage from a headlamp-like perspective.
Hand Grip Floating Mount – For when the action takes you to the water and you don’t want to have your action camera sink out of sight.
3M adhesive pads for Curved Mounts – Handy for curved surfaces, such as helmets.
Octopus Tripod – flexible arms able to manipulate for recording from stable surface with uneven features.
Many More Options
There are many more options available beyond the basic and essential action camera kits. There are kits available in the 50+ range. This kind of versatility will surely have you trying new techniques to capture the footage you are after since the diversity in mounting options may only be limited by your imagination.
With the variety of action camera kits and accessories available remember to check compatibility with your action camera.